What is Microsoft Excel 2013?
Microsoft Excel 2013 is a spreadsheet program within the Microsoft Office 2013 suite. Excel 2013 provides tools to organize, analyze, manage, and share data in tables, charts, pivot tables, and other visualizations. Major new features in Excel 2013 included Quick Analysis tools that provide mini formatting and chart options with a simple right click on cells.
The Power View tool built dynamic and interactive data visualizations within Excel. Slicers were introduced to filter pivot tables and pivot charts. Flash Fill auto-detected patterns in data to suggest fill data without formulas. Overall, Excel 2013 focused on faster, easier analysis of large datasets.
Small enhancements like color scales, waterfall charts, up/down bars, and recommended pivot tables expanded the visualization capabilities. For professionals working with financial data, business metrics, or other complex datasets, Excel 2013 provided valuable improvements to data modeling, visual presentation, and efficiency.
Technical Characteristics Excel 2013
- Maximum worksheet size – 1,048,576 rows by 16,384 columns
- Maximum rows in a filtered list – 10,000
- Cell styles – Over 40 predefined styles, create custom styles
- Conditional formatting rules – Define rules for highlighting certain data
- Charts and graphs – Wide selection of 2D and 3D chart types, formatting options
- Formulas and functions – Over 400 functions, formula autocomplete
Features Microsoft Excel 2013
Advantages Microsoft Excel 2013
- Quick Analysis – Provides instant previews of formatting, charts, totals, etc. when selecting data.
- Flash Fill – Automatically detects patterns in data and suggests fill data to eliminate manual entry.
- Slicers – Interactive buttons to quickly filter PivotTable data.
- Timelines – Filter PivotTables by dates with an interactive timeline.
Disadvantages Microsoft Excel 2013
- Shorter support lifespan – Mainstream support ended in 2018, extended support ends in 2023.
- Steep learning curve – New tools like Power View and Timelines have a learning curve to use efficiently.
- Limited customization – Less ability to customize the ribbon and UI compared to older versions.
How to Download and Install Microsoft Excel 2013
- Download installer from our website
- Run the installer .exe file. Double click to launch the setup wizard. Accept the license terms.
- Select install options. Choose to install just Excel or other Office apps as needed. Keep default settings.
- Install Office software. The installer will now fully install Excel and other selected programs and apps.
- Activate software. Use your purchased product key or Microsoft Corporation CorOffice 365 login to activate Excel.
Activation Keys for MS Excel 2013
A: Excel is a greed program developed by Microsoft. It allows users to organize, analyze, and visualize data using tables, charts, graphs, and more. Excel is part of the Microsoft Office suite of productivity applications.
A: To create a new blank greed in Excel, click the File tab and select New. You can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + N. This will open a new workbook with a blank worksheet.
A: To add a formula in Excel, type the = symbol in a cell and then type the formula using references to other cells, functions, operators, and values. Excel formulas always start with an = symbol. For example, =A1+A2 adds the values in cells A1 and
Alternative programs MS Excel
- Google Sheets – A free web-based spreadsheet app that is part of Google’s G Suite office productivity tools. It has many of the core features of Excel and good collaboration tools.
- Apache OpenOffice Calc – An open source spreadsheet program that is free to download. It has much of the functionality of Excel and can open/edit Excel files.
- LibreOffice Calc – Another open source and free spreadsheet app that is similar to Excel in features and functionality.
- Apple Numbers – Numbers is the spreadsheet app included in Apple’s iWork suite. It has a user-friendly interface and works well for Mac/iOS users.
In conclusion, Microsoft Excel 2013 for Windows is a powerful and versatile spreadsheet application that is available for free download. It is compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the Windows operating system, including Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
The latest version of Excel offers a range of features and improvements, such as enhanced data analysis tools and improved collaboration capabilities. It is also available for Mac users, and there is an option to download a crack version for Windows PC.
By creating a Microsoft account, users can access different versions of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint 2013, and download the latest version of the software. Overall, Excel 2013 is a popular choice for managing data and creating spreadsheets, and it is a virus-free application that offers a variety of templates for users to choose from.